Monday, February 9, 2009

Fun-filled weekend

Well, I turned 30 this past Saturday. 30 is just another birthday just like all the others. Everyone asked me "Do you feel older?" and no, I feel no where close to 30. You are only as old as you make yourself. Saturday we dropped off the kids for a couple hours at my dad's house and Jason and I went shopping. I got a couple new outfits. That night Jason and my mom had planned a birthday party for me at a restaurant here in town. Lots of people came and we had a great time. I had instructed them that no surprise party was necessary so I knew all about what they had planned. I'm not a surprise kind of girl, I like to know exactly what's going on. All the kids enjoyed it too. We were in a big party room that was closed off and they could run around without interrupting the other people that were not in our party.
So, on to Sunday. Thankfully the kids slept in till 8:30 which, by the way, is really late for them. We are normally awakened by 6:30. That was a treat for us. We left here at 10:00 and headed for Jason's parents house. The kids were so excited to go to Mimi and Pappaw's house so it didnt bother me too much to leave them for the afternoon. Uncle Billy is in town for a while so that was fun for them as well. I think they played Mario Kart all day on the wii. After the kids were dropped off Jason and I were off to Copeland's for lunch. We were so excited to hear that there was one that opened up in Little Rock. We had not been to a Copeland's since our college years in Louisiana. After we were completely stuffed and miserable we ran over to Penney's. I got me some new perfume with some birthday money. After Penney's we went to see Gran Torino. I enjoyed it. It was really funny but did have some language but that's expected in movies these days. After all that we were back to pick up the boys and were on our way home. I had such a great birthday weekend! Thanks Jason for taking me out!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a really great weekend! Happy belated birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fun was had by all! Good food Saturday night and great fun with the grandsons on Sunday!! You're right Lindsey you are a young as you want to be and for 30 you are as beautiful as the day Jason brought you home to meet us!

    ReplyDelete